Skipping lunch can have adverse consequences on your weight, your energy level, and even your blood sugar. Here are 8 tips to help you incorporate lunch into your daily life.
1. Establish a plan
Getting into the habit of lunch is easy.
- By starting to lunch regularly, you are taking the necessary steps to remedy many problems, including excess weight and unhealthy blood sugar levels.
2. Consider the benefits
Lunch helps stabilize blood sugar levels. This means you will have less hungry and less uncontrollable cravings later in the day.
- As you refuel your body early in the day, you will have more energy in the morning and you will find that your weight is easier to manage.
You may also like to read: THE PERFECT CHICKEN RECIPE FOR BBQ FOR SUMMER
3. Act in an organized way
Work with your body.
- You have no appetite in the morning. Wait an hour or two, and then eat a slice of toast with peanut butter, a bowl of cereal, fruit or a hard boiled egg and a glass of milk.
4. Go for the foods you love
Advertising leads us to believe that certain foods are traditionally associated with lunch.
- There is no rule that says you have to start the day with these foods.
- Eat a sandwich, a bowl of soup or leftovers from yesterday’s supper, if the heart tells you.
5. Take time to have lunch
Prepare a lunch sandwich to eat on the go.
- Whole wheat bread covered with peanut butter and banana washers is a good example of lunch sandwich. In fact, any type of protein placed between two slices of bread does the trick;
- Bring also a fruit and the trick is done;
- If you like milk, pour a cup of skim milk into a travel cup with a lid.
6. Eat an energy bar and yogurt
Energy bars and yogurt contain an ideal amount of nutrients and calories to start your day.
- In addition, both are ready to eat instantly.
7. Drink a hit
For the perfect lunch on the go, put low-fat yogurt, frozen berries, half a banana, some orange juice, and honey in a blender. (For the thicker consistency, add ice cubes to the mixture.)
- Your hit will taste the ice cream but will be stuffed with fiber, calcium, protein and antioxidants.
8. Prepare everything in advance
Prepare your lunch the day before, so you can eat in less than 10 minutes.
- Pour your cereal into a bowl, place the utensils and cups, prepare the coffee maker and wash, cut and refrigerate the fruit.
According to studies, people who do not eat breakfast are generally more overweight than those who eat every morning. You also create a vicious cycle pushing you to starve yourself and then spoil you. People who do not eat lunch tend to overeat later in the day. By following all this stuff, you will get to reintegrate lunch into your routine.